A Travellerspoint blog

Tahiti here we come

The excellent adventures of Jess, Lou & Pete

sunny 30 °C

After a mad dash morning attempting to be ready in time we took a lesurly trip to the airport courtesy of our charming chufeur and his wife.... Thanks Cornell and Ann! After waiting for 40 minutes in the check in line we finally farewelled our luggage and headed up to the local watering hole for a relaxing drink.

We boarded our plane and were amoungst the last few to do so to be given a small sweet smelling flower... Finally the plane took off down the runway and lifted its wings into the air. Once in the air I inspected the onboard entertainment which seemed to be slightly lacking. Approximately 30 - 45 minutes after take off the movies were loaded. We had 7 to coose from and I can only say they were all boring! The funiest thing was you couldnt pause the movie you were watching and if you decided that you wanted to watch another movie you could watch it from where it was up to or wait for the last movie to end before they rewound them all and you could watch it from the beginning.... then to make things more fun the sound would cut out and the screen would occansionally have white lines flickering through it. Now if this drove you barmy you could choose the radio channel which would break up and stop for a time! All chanels seemed to be an eclectic mix of ancient songs with a good one thrown in once in a while to raise your hopes again!

We finally descended into Papeete airport with head popping pain searing through our heads! As we exited the aircraft the nice balmy 30 degree tempratures greeted us. I removed my jacket as the sweat beads began to form. We walked across the tarmac and wondered what had happened to louise. We turned to find her captivated by a rather large crab. Once we broke her from her trance we entered the airport where two slightly larger Tahitian men harmonised their singing, playing ukeleles and a pretty young tahitian girl danced. We recieved another pretty flower and got our Tahitian custom stamps in our passports and headed through out of the airport. Our Hotel lit up the hillside right across from the airport.
We mustered our bags accross the road and up several set of stairs to enter our room which seemed to be hotter then outside. Needless to say we cranked the aircon to 18 celcius and headed accross the road for a feed. Check out he name of our eating establishment...
Needless to say going back in time is amazing... we left at 2pm on the 10th and arrived at 9pm on the 9th :)

Posted by classique 02:23 Archived in French Polynesia

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.

Enter your Travellerspoint login details below

( What's this? )

If you aren't a member of Travellerspoint yet, you can join for free.

Join Travellerspoint