A Travellerspoint blog

From Tahiti to Moorea

Day 8

sunny 27 °C

This morning I awoke with the realization that we were out of bottled water. I tiptoed out the door and headed down to the breakfast bar to buy a bottle of water. I brought with me 400 francs which equated to about 6 NZ dollars. I asked the lady behind the counter for a 1.5 litre bottle of water. She came back and rang up the amount on the till and my jaw dropped as the price registered in my brain.... It is the most expensive bottle of water I have bought to date and came to 700 franks or NZ$10.50. I headed back to the room to offer what must have been rose scented and gold laced water to Jess and Lou.

Jess, Lou and I then headed down to the infinity pool for a swim and were enjoying ourselves tremendously when a french aqua aerobics class began. The music cranked up and people piled into the other end of the pool. Moments later we spun to see people swarming across the pool toward us. We dived to the side and narrowly missed the tsunami which followed! Soon we hopped over the fence and wandered down the black sand beach to feel the power of the waves. Within seconds we realized our folly as our feet and ankles where tenderized by incessant rocks that pummelled them time and again. We hopped out of the water and headed back to our room where we had showers to freshen up and packed our bags as we were to head to Moorea today. We were quite looking forward to it because Tahiti really felt like the slums! Our bell boy knocked on our door, we loaded our bags onto the trolley and headed to the reception to await our taxi. We noticed a big bongo drum and decided to pass our time practising tunes.
Before we knew it we were at the dock waiting to buy a ticket for the ferry. We purchased them for 1500 franks each and found some seats up the front. The seats were very comfortable but as we were hungry we headed through to the diner section of the ferry and purchased some cold meat products (which were not enjoyed by the girls) and drinks. As we finished lunch we headed upstairs to the open top deck to admire the view.
We docked and waited for ages for our luggage to be unloaded... by the time it was all the buses and taxis had gone so we sat and waited for the next available taxi to turn up. Our taxi driver was a lovely woman who gave us a run down of the sights along our way. The taxi fare was already pre negotiated so we didn’t care how long it took. After checking in at our hotel we were shown to our suite. The master room bed was set out with flowers in the shape of a love heart which brought on a lot of jumping and flower throwing by all but me....
LOL A little while later a know was heard on the door and we were presented with a bottle of french wine compliments of the hotel. We sampled a glass and headed to the activities counter to book our activities for the next few days. When we arrived back to our suite we found a bag with a free pearl in it as a thank you to Louise for booking her honeymoon with them.

You can imagine the shock Jess and I got and it took some time for Louise to convince us that this was a mistake on the hotels part. After a quick swim through the orange and red hues of the sparkling sunset we headed to the hotels restaurant for dinner.
Both Jess and Lou ordered a Caesar salad which sated all the included ingredients excepting mashed up ANCHOVIES!!!! Hmmmm.... this was not a favourite dish for any of us and only Jess managed to finish her anchovy Caesar salad!

Posted by classique 03:13 Archived in French Polynesia

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.

Enter your Travellerspoint login details below

( What's this? )

If you aren't a member of Travellerspoint yet, you can join for free.

Join Travellerspoint